Sharing my faith and my life one day at a time.

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

The Noticer by Andy Andrews

"The Noticer" written by Andy Andrews is really a tough one for me to review. To those who have been following this blog, I am part of the Bloggers' Review Program of Thomas Nelson Publishers.

A reader's reaction to the book will generally be categorized into two: it is either you really love it or you really didn't care much for it.

Those who end up loving it are those who find it refreshing to read a light, inspirational Christian fiction after a series of heavy reading.

Those who end up not liking it probably has read something similar in the recent times and might find the story a little bit cliched and probably very reminiscent of Tuesdays With Morrie.

I consider myself more of the latter. However, I have a deep appreciation on the heart behind the book.

"Sometimes, All A Person Needs Is A Little Perspective" -- a reminder that we all need often. I know I do. The main character -- Jones -- is used as the messenger of wisdom-filled statements that catapult another character into a life-changing discovery. He challenges us to start noticing the little things we usually miss. These things usually do a lot in changing our approach to situations and problems.

Did I enjoy the book? I cannot say I did. I found a lot of the statements recycled. Example is an attempt to re-tell Dr. Gary Chapman's "The Five Love Languages."

Is it a nice, light, easy read? Absolutely. I guess I was just not looking for one at this time.

If there is one statement from the book I must share with all of you it is this wonderful definition of WISDOM:

”The ability to see, into the future, the consequences of your choices in the present.”

One thing I am about to check out and probably participate in:
“The Noticer Project: A Movement to “Notice” the Five Most Important People in Your Life.”

Anything that will encourage me to show love and appreciation to people is something I am always up for!

No comments

Listening to His Voice+ Blog design by labinastudio.